Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Poconos Picture Post

I went to the Eastern PA SCBWI Poconos conference at the Highlights Foundation in Boyd's Mills, PA from May 2nd-4th. While I can babble on forever about friends and workshops, inspiration and so,so much kidlit love, let's start with pictures (and captions!) Warning, this post is insanely image-heavy!

The Barn. Gourmet food, 24-hr ice cream and coffee and snacks, workshops, and chatting 'til late!
The farmhouse (I stayed there this year)
Pre-yoga 6am view from the farmhouse kitchen.

Playing in the poetry garden! (Don'tcha love my camperific clothes?)

 

 
A little inspiration
The cabins (I WANT ONE!!!)

S'mores at night. Burnt marshmallows are the best marshmallows!
 
Our writing prompt table--pick an item and write a paragraph about it, then hang it up on the wall.

I wrote a *little* more than a paragraph. Oops.

Even though winter stretched into spring this year, April showers apparently did bring May flowers!
 This is my favorite conference, surrounded by nature and everything writing. I could live in those cabins and eat that amazing food with no chance of ever getting bored.

What is your favorite conference?

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! It's my favorite conference too. I love being out in the woods with my awesome writer friends! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you, too! I need to send you some of the pics I have of you and Donna introducing the faculty!

      Delete