Saturday, September 22, 2012

Killing the Saudades

Saudade: A word in Portuguese that doesn't actually have a direct translation in English. The closest I can come to is a feeling of longing for something. But it's much stronger than longing. And I have saudades of this place when I'm in the States.

I'm in Portugal for my long-ish vacation (staying at my parents' house, of course. Otherwise, it would be short-ish.) Day one was about landing in Porto, seeing a two places I've never visited, and getting up and running with internet access and things that I really missed.

YUM! Hai chocolate. I luv you so very much.
I also have straciatella yogurt and Kelloggs Special K (the better tasting European version)
ready for breakfast this morning.
Most of this is family and relaxing at home, but when I go somewhere interesting, I'll be blogging and vlogging about my trip, including places like this:

Cafe Majestic in Porto
Oh-- and I vlogged about that:



And going to an AMAZING bookstore and buying this:

Look familiar?
So, now the question is... do I post it here or create a tumblr for my random pictures/musings?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I didn't realize you were in Portugal right now. Hope you're having a great time! That cafe looks absolutely amazing. Everything on that side of the ocean is so much more ornate and pretty. :) Where I live seems so new by comparison.

    Keep the pics coming. I'm not sure what to say about Tumblr or blog. I've been bouncing around the idea of joining Tumblr for the past day or so. Not sure what I think about it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw- how fun! What great pictures. Keep on vlogging& blogging, but most of all, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete