Monday, June 15, 2015

Ready, Set, Write (Week 2)

Ready, Set, Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jamie MorrowAlison Miller,Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij. Every week, we post about our goals and how we did and cheer each other on. Head over to any of their blogs to get the details on RSW and check out the other participants' blogs.

1. HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS

Not so well! Right after posting my post, I unexpectedly got a round of edits from my editors, so PEA went out the window and most of the week was spent figuring out my next steps up to my deadline. Sorry for not hopping around to the other blogs--I got a little distracted!

2.MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK

I have at least one more new scene to write and I plan on working on the first third of the book (so, about 100 pages) over the week. I'm not sure how that will go, but I'm aiming high :)

3. A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED  (yes, I kept Jamie's spelling of favourite. Because I <3 the Canadian/British spelling of so many words)

*facepalm*

4. THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK

Skipping this one. Don't want to talk about it. Seriously. See *facepalm* above.

5. SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP

No matter how many times I touch it, I love this book. And thank goodness I have writer amnesia because I amuse myself every time I re-read it!

I'm jumping back into the writing cave, but I'll check in again next week! <3


1 comment:

  1. Your book sounds so cute, and I'm not normally a contemporary YA reader! Good luck with your goals this week. =)

    ReplyDelete