Saturday, January 28, 2012

SCBWI Winter Conference

I am exhausted, exhilarated, and energized.

Two days of the SCBWI Conference down, and one more to go.  As tired as I am after these first two days, I wish that this conference would never end.  I'm learning so much and meeting so many amazing people.  I cried today, during an amazing talk.  I laughed so hard that my sides hurt.  I fangirled an editor and tweeted about how I thought another was cute (more on that in another post...)  And, unlike my usual work conferences, this one isn't filled with people in suits talking about cervical myelopathy or showing bloody pictures of cadaver spines.

Instead, we talk about books and the process of making them.  And I'm loving every single moment.

(plus, Yay, NYC!  Going shopping/possibly skating tomorrow after the conference!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having such a great time and getting so much out of the conference, Isabel.

    I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you with a Versatile Blogger award. You can read more about it on my blog: here.

    ReplyDelete