Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Remote What's Up



What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, allowing us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up. It's hosted by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and if you want to join in, sign up on Jaime's blog!

Today is a remote What's Up? because I'm writing this from *gasp* Las Vegas.

Don't get too excited-- I'm here for work, which, for me, that means two days of cadaver labs *waves at the new followers who are currently cringing and regretting their follow decisions.* Plus, since I don't drink or gamble*, my only potential downfall here might be shopping.

*I've gambled a total of $2 in all my visits to Vegas, just to say I did.

Annnnyway, this veers wildly into the "What Else I've Been Up To," so I'll just start:

What I'm Reading:

Last night I stayed up until 3 am reading The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Rae Miller. On my flight between Phoenix and Vegas, I reread all my favorite sections. To say I've fallen hard for this book would be an understatement. It's a geek-girl's dream book.

Just an example of how badly I geeked out as I semi-live tweeted as I devoured the book:





 
 
 

What I'm Writing: 

Playing with Em from Bookishly, with her story currently going by the name "Dramatically Ever After"

If I ever write a Grace story (another character from Bookishly,) I'm already tentatively going to call it "Practically Ever After."

What Inspires Me Right Now:

NERDS!!!! (I'm useless at the moment, aren't I?) Boys with glasses. Comic books. Do you see a pattern on this Wednesday?

It could be the lack of sleep talking, too.

What Else I've Been Up To: Vegas, dead bodies, OMG hotel room that is bigger than my apartment (not.kidding.)


Just the bathing part of the hotel bathroom-- shower and GIANT tub.
I may soak in that for a tiny, little while.
And humidity is back!

FRIZZ!

That's my Wednesday update.

So, what have you been up to lately?

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm really excited to read THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD! It's on my Debut Author Challenge list, and it looks like a lot of fun. Oh, and I totally relate to the frizz situation. I've spent most of my life looking like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. Have fun in Las Vegas, aside from the cadavers, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally going to read this book now. And nerds are pretty much the best thing ever. Wish I'd known that back in high school instead of wasting my time swooning over the complete opposite. Hindsight, right? (Though, my first boyfriend was a serious nerd.) I love that you've been writing spinoff stories for characters in your WIP. What a great idea! And I think agents/editors would love that too.

    This might sound crazy, but we could use some of your humidity. It's drier than dry here right now. Send it our way, please! :-) Hope the rest of your Vegas business trip goes well!

    ReplyDelete