Wednesday, April 18, 2012

YA Eye of the Day: Kate (Revenants Series)

Today's look comes from one of my favorite series by one of my favorite authors. If you couldn't tell from some of my fictional dead boy posts, I absolutely love the Revenants Series (Die for Me, Until I Die*, and... ?) by Amy Plum. So, of course, I couldn't wait to work on this eye makeup.


Plus, look at this cover! The covers conjour up thoughts of mehndi and satin, and, of course, classically red lipstick (like a proper Parisienne.) So, I pulled out the closest thing I had to red eyeshadow and played!

(as usual, putting this under a cut!)



Yay, Swirly!!!! (Natural light)

Indoor Lighting

I liked how Blackout blended into Junkshow turned into a bluish-purple, like the UID cover...
Sorry about the lighting! I've been fighting to find a decent light source for makeup pictures.

Products:

Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion**
Sticky Primer: Fyrinnae "Pixy Epoxy" (sticky and makes eyeshadows POP)
Lid: Urban Decay "Junkshow"
Inner Lid: One of the sparkly vanilla eyeshadows from the UD Anniversary palette
Crease: Blackout
Browbone: A pink-y, violet-y shade from the UD Anniversary palette
Liner: Urban Decay 24 hour liner in "Zero"
Mascara: Cover Girl NatureLuxe in Black***
Lip: Revlon Lip butter in "Candy Apple" (If you can't tell, I love these lip butters! I typically avoid anything with Petrolatum because it makes my lips dry out terribly, but these passed the "drying" test. Plus, the colors really pop!)

* Until I Die is out in stores on May 8th!
**Yes, Urban Decay owns my first born.
***I used to use the L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara until I heard about their great mascara brush company crushing business move, so I'll never use L'Oreal mascara again. This Cover Girl mascara is light, doesn't damage my lashes, and doesn't smudge too badly. Not super dramatic,sadly, but nice for when I do wear mascara.

You know you want to join me in crazy, weird, creative ways to celebrate our fave YA heroines, right? Right?

1 comment:

  1. OMG What fun- a Makeup post. I am totally loving this! Obviously, Urban Decay is the shit! But I am partial to MAC for lips. MAC is my all time fav go-to for lipstick. Have you ever tried MAC's Venomous Villians line/collection? It is AMAZING. Issy- one of these days, I hope I run into you at a Jersey Shore ULTA!!!

    ReplyDelete