Monday, April 16, 2012

YA Eye of the Day: Laurel (Wings Series)

I am not a beauty blogger. Makeup review posts from me would sounds something like "Ooooh, this is sparkly. I WANT" or "this doesn't have enough glitter. Time to pull out the Lorac 3D liquid Lustre!" And I have a lot of respect for those bloggers who put themselves out there daily or weekly with photographs of their amazing eye makeup.

But an idea hit me the other day while I was in the makeup aisle at Target, looking at the Pixi Tinkerbell Collection and thinking about how perfectly those colors would fit Laurel from the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike... at least, based on the way I picture Lauren.  I had been online earlier that day, surfing through all of the posts in the Makeup Bunny Sailor Moon Collaboration (where a collection of bloggers each created makeup looks based on a Sailor Senshi and a Villain--soooooo awesome), and I suddenly thought of doing my own YA eye of the day, inspired by my favorite heroines. And maybe other book and makeup geeks like me might jump at the opportunity to make their own YA "look" posts!

Because shots of eyes aren't up everyone's alley, I'm posting all of this under a cut:


(excuse my eyebrows!)


Laurel is an Autumn fairy, so I went with fall-toned colors and glitter (okay, that's the Summer fairy in me. I'll take any excuse to sparkle!) I also picked Rose gold for Laurel (and her light, light hair) and sage green to match Tamani. I adore the sparkle in the eyeliner that combines them both.

Under indoor lighting


Natural light!

You can see the pretty lipstick here! (and my messy hair)
Products:
Lid shadow: "Rapunzel had Extensions"- Fyrinnae
Crease: L'oreal Infalliable Shadow in "Golden Sage"
Liner: "Straight on 'Til Morning"- PixiGlow
Eye duct and under brow: "Catching Shadows" crayon- PixiGlow
Random gold glitter
Mascara: Cover Girl Natureluxe in Black
Blush- Urban Decay Baked Bronzer in "Gilded"
Lipstick: Revlon Lip Butter in "Tutti Fruti"

I have a few more heroine-inspired looks that I put together this weekend to share in other blog posts, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on what makeup looks you would put together for Laurel or your favorite YA heroines!

1 comment:

  1. Makeup for your favorite characters! What a fun idea!!!

    ReplyDelete